tinkerz
Good morning all,

Item 1: Noted that if you load filament without the extruder heated the system quickly steps through the load process prompts without actually loading the filament. Perhaps a check to see if the hotend is hot to either a) prompt to turn on the heater or b) turn on the heater and then load.

Item 2 (specific to my machine): The PanelDue is no longer functioning. It no longer displays anything. It started as a flicker of garbage text display, sometimes would go out and then come back (not heat dependent) and now finally it just doesn't work at all anymore. Printing still works fine and been able to keep printing and control via the web but I have no display. Can it come in for a maintenance and checkup along with possible repair/replace?  Oh and yes, I was printing a fair amount of ABS so it may have been heat that killed it but the going in and out was not directly heat dependent. Ie it didn't cut out while doing ABS and then come back when cooled. It was more sporadic in when it would cut out.

Thanks for everything!
Quote 0 0
John Kray
Item 1: That should not happen. The load procedure is supposed to enable cold extrusion during loading. However, loading has been completely reworked so hopefully, that should not be an issue going forward. 

Item 2: That is unfortunate! We have not had any displays die on us yet, heat may have caused it, or it could have just been a defective unit. Either way, we will replace it.

Yes, let's get your machine in for some repairs/upgrades. We can get that lighting control set up for you!

I made a new post titled Nautilus beta refocus and future roadmap, which discusses a shift in the direction of the beta program and some of our future plans and thinking behind them. Please read over this when you have a moment and of course, feedback is welcome.

\
John
Found of Hydra Research LLC, developers of the Nautilus 3D printer and providers of 3D printing services.
https://www.hydraresearch3d.com/
Quote 0 0
Herb
It was my understanding that if I run a simulated print prior to running an actual print, the console would display only a single accurate estimated completion time. This appears not to be the case. The first photo below shows simulated print time of 2 H 3 M. The second photo, taken 2 minutes later (after beginning the print) shows two different print times. The third photo, taken 5 minutes after the first photo, shows three absurdly different print times. The actual print time was about 2 hours 5 minutes, very close to the original estimate.

IMG_1110.png

IMG_1112.png 

IMG_1115.png 
Quote 0 0
Herb
Regarding the above print job: I deliberately left the print on the printer for about 3 hours and 20 minutes after it had completed, to confirm and capture a photograph of behavior I first observed yesterday. The print time reported in the message shown below appears to be the total amount of time between the time that the print job is started and the time that the completion of the print job is confirmed. This may be significantly longer than the actual print time. Actual print time: about 2 hours 5 minutes. Elapsed time before print job removed: 5 hours 25 minutes.

IMG_1120.png 
Quote 0 0
John Kray
The simulated print time replaces the estimated print time in the job information popup. As far as I am aware it does not replace the 3 print time estimates shown when a print is active. Unfortunately, changing the time remaining estimates is not something we have the ability to change at this time. Ther Cura time estimate is reasonably good, and the simulated time should be near perfect.

Regarding the print time shown at the end of a print, that is calculated from the start of a print until the user acknowledges the print finished message at the end of a print. This is also out of our control at the moment.
John
Found of Hydra Research LLC, developers of the Nautilus 3D printer and providers of 3D printing services.
Quote 0 0
Herb
Thanks for the update, John. Note that neither of these was a major issue, but I wanted to be sure you were aware of them. Perhaps these are items you would want to address in an FAQ.
Quote 0 0
John Kray
Thanks for mentioning them. We plan to have some documentation on items like this either in the user manual and or an FAQ. There will be quirks like this since we are using an open source firmware. As time progresses we may be able to improve minor quality of life issues like these.
John
Quote 0 0